Project PI Prof. Matt Thomas and partners from the Institut Pierre Richet recently shared results of the In2Care EaveTube Randomized Control Trial to government officials in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. They shared that malaria case incidence was reduced by 38% in villages that had the In2Care EaveTube intervention in comparison to control villages that received only bednets. A community effect was also demonstrated when the intervention coverage was above 60%. Dr. Raphael N’Guessan revealed that the highly resistant mosquito population was halved, and that the Entomological Inoculation Rate was reduced with 60%. Social science results showed high user acceptance; over 90% of residents liked the impact of In2Care EaveTubes and wanted to keep using the product.
A multi-impact tool against mosquitoes that transmit Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever and Zika virus.
- Kills (even insecticide-resistant) Aedes mosquitoes
- Kills mosquito larvae and pupae (inside trap & in surroundings)
- Reduces the risk of mosquito-borne virus transmission
- Field validated & published results
- Uses safe ingredients and is environmentally friendly
- Easy-to-install tubes + removable gauze inserts
- Blocks mosquitoes from entering the house
- Effective against insecticide-resistant vectors
- A safe product that protects the whole family
- Evaluated in field trials supported by EU FP7, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation & HDIF
The In2Care Mosquito Trap
Registration processes in several other countries are ongoing. In2Care has partnered with Ensystex and AustralAsian Biosecurity to enable trap distribution in Asia and the Pacific.
The efficacy has been demonstrated by scientific studies published in Parasites & Vectors and the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association (click to open).