US-EPA exemption allows the use of In2Care Mosquito Traps to aid the fight against Zika in States with local transmission. As requested by the CDC, the Environmental Protection Agency has recently granted an exemption for the use of In2Care traps in the USA by government-based & CDC-approved professionals. Our novel mosquito control product is now being distributed by Univar Environmental Sciences via the appropriate health officials to help combat insecticide-resistant and cryptic breeding Aedes vectors.
A multi-impact tool against mosquitoes that transmit Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika virus.
- Kills (even insecticide-resistant) Aedes mosquitoes
- Kills mosquito larvae and pupae (inside trap & in surroundings)
- Reduces the risk of mosquito-borne virus transmission
- Field validated & published results
- Uses safe ingredients and is environmentally friendly
An effective insect repellent based on botanic ingredients
- Suitable for children >3 years & pregnant women
- As effective as DEET – up to 6 hours complete protection
- Non-chemical & friendly to skin
- Pleasant fresh (citrus) scent
- Recommended by CDC – protect yourself against Zika virus
A novel and resistance-breaking malaria mosquito control product
- Easy-to-install tubes + removable gauze inserts
- Blocks mosquitoes from entering the house
- Effective against insecticide-resistant vectors
- A safe product that protects the whole family
- Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The In2Care Mosquito Trap
The In2Care Mosquito Trap is currently being sold to governments, pest control operators and consumers in >25 countries in the Americas via our US-based distributor Univar Environmental Sciences. Registration processes in several other countries and regions are ongoing. In2Care has partnered with Ensystex and AustralAsian Biosecurity to enable trap distribution in Asia and the Pacific.
Pending full registration, the US-EPA has recently granted temporary approval for professional use of In2Care Mosquito Traps (via governments/CDC) in Zika-infested States of the US. This Section 18 Emergency Exemption allows the use of our traps against Zika-transmitting Aedes that are difficult to combat due to insecticide-resistance and cryptic breeding.
The In2Care Mosquito Trap can be placed around homes, hotels, hospitals and other outdoor settings where there is a lot of Aedes mosquito breeding. With high enough coverage (10 traps per acre) this product will reduce Aedes populations by killing them and their offspring in and around the traps. By using mosquito-driven dispersal of larvicide, even small and hard-to-find breeding sites can be targeted. This product is ideal for hotspots and problem areas, in particular locations where insecticide use is restricted (schools, hospitals etc) or hampered by chemical resistance, and in areas where greener and more sustainable control options are requested.
- Easy to assemble & durable components
- Uses safe, US-EPA approved bioactives
- Outdoor placement in shades/vegeatated sites: 1 trap per 400 m2 (10 traps per acre)
- Maintenance: add water when needed & refresh refills every 4-6 weeks
- Area-wide coverage will result in Aedes population reductions, with impacts noticeable after 2-3 weeks
In2Care collaborates with scientific institutes and universities all over the world towards the goal of reducing the burden of insect-transmitted diseases.