As requested by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has granted an exemption for the use of In2Care® Mosquito Traps against Zika-transmitting Aedes mosquitoes in the United States. Pending full EPA-registration, In2Care® Mosquito Traps are now approved for professional use under the provisions of a Public Health Emergency Exemption as authorized under Section 18 of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
A multi-impact tool against mosquitoes that transmit Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika virus.
- Kills (even insecticide-resistant) Aedes mosquitoes
- Kills mosquito larvae and pupae (inside trap & in surroundings)
- Prevents virus transmission
- Field validated & published results
- Uses safe ingredients and is environmentally friendly
An effective insect repellent based on botanic ingredients
- Suitable for children >3 years & pregnant women
- As effective as DEET – up to 6 hours complete protection
- Non-chemical & friendly to skin
- Pleasant fresh (citrus) scent
- Recommended by CDC – protect yourself against Zika virus
A novel and resistance-breaking malaria mosquito control product
- Easy-to-install tubes + removable gauze inserts
- Blocks mosquitoes from entering the house
- Effective against insecticide-resistant vectors
- A safe product that protects the whole family
- Supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The In2Care Mosquito Trap
The traps are currently approved and registered as a mosquito control tool in >20 countries in the Caribbean and South America. Registration processes in several other countries and regions are ongoing. Pending full registration, the US-EPA has already granted temporary approval for professional use of In2Care Mosquito Traps in Zika-infested States of the USA via a Section 18 Emergency Exemption under the FIFRA act.
The In2Care® Mosquito Trap is currently being sold to governments, pest control operators and consumers in Central and South American countries via our US-based distributor Univar. For a list of sales options and Univar’s licensed dealers, go to http://univares.com/in2care or contact info @ in2care.org
The In2Care Mosquito Trap can be placed around homes, hotels, hospitals and other outdoor settings where there is a lot of mosquito breeding. With high enough coverage (1 trap per 400 m2) this product will reduce Aedes populations by killing them and their offspring in and around the traps. By using mosquito-driven dispersal of larvicide, even small and hard to find breeding sites can be targeted. This product is ideal for hotspot and problem areas, in particular locations where insecticide use is restricted (schools, hospitals etc) or greener control options are requested.
- Easy to assemble & durable components
- Uses safe, US-EPA approved bioactives
- Outdoor placement in shade: 1 trap per 400 m2 (10 traps per acre)
- Maintenance: add water when needed & refresh refills every 4-6 weeks
- Placing enough traps in an area will result in Aedes population reductions after 2-3 weeks
In2Care collaborates with scientific institutes and universities all over the world towards the goal of reducing the burden of insect-transmitted diseases.