The In2Care® Mosquito Trap is made from durable polyethylene, which lasts several years under tropical conditions. The gauze strip on the trap floater needs to be replaced every 4-6 weeks for optimal activity, for which easy-to-use refill sachets can be purchased. We recommend area-wide deployment, using densities of approximately 1 trap per 400 m2 (10 traps per acre) in high risk areas with many mosquito breeding sources. Click to open our mosquito trap information factsheets in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Easy to assemble & durable components
- Uses safe, US-EPA approved bioactives
- Outdoor placement in shade: 1 trap per 400 m2
- Maintenance: add water when needed & refresh refills every 4-6 weeks
- Placing enough traps in an area will result in Aedes population reductions after 2-3 weeks
We recommend placing the traps in shaded, vegetated areas, where mosquitoes like to breed. A solid, level underground is necessary for stable placement. Ideal locations are in corners of outdoor porches, underneath garden sinks, near shrubs, etc. Water needs to be topped up every few weeks, depending on the climate. We recommend at least 0.5 Liter of water in the traps at all times for optimal outcomes.
For more information on how to assemble the trap, trap placement and maintenance, please see our User Instruction video and our User Manual